July 8th, 2007
DRDT Dimpling Platform Construction

So today I am building a platform to allow me to easily support my skins while I run them through the DRDT. This was sort of my own design and so far it has worked well. I used about a 1/3 sheet of 1/2" MDF to make this.

After cutting out the areas of the board to fit the DRDT, I fitted the legs to each side of the board. A single 90 degree support is used on each side.

Another angle.

Here is the completed structure assembled for a test fit. The table is removable and allows me to store is under the EAA table on the shelf out of the way when not in use.

 

Now comes the carpet. I cut out the shape for a test fit.

I used 3M adhesive in a spray bottle that I found at Home Depot to adhere the carpet to the sub structure. So far it has held up well without any staples.

Here is the final unit ready to dimple. I make sure to keep the carpet clean from debris so I don't scratch the skins when sliding them around.

 

One dimple at a time.

Jim is helping remove the blue plastic using the soldering iron.

Here is my helper for today.

Brooklyn is showing off for the camera.

PreviousConstruction LogTopNext